By Carolyn Hughes Tuohy
What drives switch in overall healthiness care structures? Why do convinced alterations take place in a few international locations and never in others? Tuohy argues that the reply lies in figuring out the "accidents" of background that experience formed nationwide structures at severe moments and within the specific "logics" of those structures. Her examine conscientiously delineates either the typical common sense of the well-being care enviornment, deriving from micro-economic features and technological switch, and the actual logics of nationwide platforms, installed position by way of particular episodes of coverage switch. She is going directly to discover how within the wake of those episodes, the combined industry within the usa, hierarchical corporatism in Britain, and the single-payer method in Canada decided the following path and velocity of switch in all 3 nations. eventually, Tuohy offers feedback to lead the strategic judgments that decision-makers needs to make in the health and wellbeing care process of every state. Accidental Logics uniquely departs from the descriptive literature presently on hand by way of providing an intensive evaluate of the proof in regards to the evolution of the well-being care arenas within the usa, Britain, and Canada, built-in inside an explanatory framework. it really is crucial up to date analyzing for political scientists operating in comparative politics and public coverage, healthiness coverage analysts, executive corporation officers, and scholars in political technological know-how, overall healthiness coverage, and management programs.
Read Online or Download Accidental Logics: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain, and Canada: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain and Canada PDF
Similar medical administration & policy books
Lawsuits of the NATO complicated research Institute, Castéra-Verduzan, France, August 1-16, 1981
2. , aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage, 2016 Führungskräfte im Krankenhaus benötigen allgemeine Managementkenntnisse, medizinisches Grundwissen sowie die Fähigkeit, die theoretischen Grundlagen immer wieder auf aktuelle Fragestellungen und Konstellationen anzuwenden. Dieses Lehr- und Praxisbuch vermittelt die betriebswirtschaftlichen Kernthemen sowie das notwendige Managementwissen, um die steigende Komplexität der Führungs- und Gestaltungsaufgaben sowie die zunehmende Wettbewerbsintensität in der Gesundheitswirtschaft bewältigen zu können.
Behavioral nudges are far and wide: calorie counts on menus, automatic textual content reminders to inspire medicine adherence, a reminder bell whilst a driver’s seatbelt isn’t mounted. Designed to assist humans make larger well-being offerings, those reminders became so general that they generally cross disregarded.
Technique redecorate for future health Care utilizing Lean pondering is a reaction to an easy, yet not easy to respond to, query and is the results of the stories of a operating healthcare professional who was once additionally the executive security and caliber officer of an Australian educating sanatorium. At this clinic, he saw that the Emergency division used to be employees by means of proficient, well-trained, and revered medical professionals and nurses.
- Bringing Public Health into Urban Revitalization: Workshop Summary
- Public Health: Local and Global Perspectives
- Compliance, Governance und Risikomanagement im Krankenhaus: Rechtliche Anforderungen – Praktische Umsetzung – Nachhaltige Organisation (German Edition)
- Space Physiology and Medicine: From Evidence to Practice
- Telehealth in Rural Hospitals: Lessons Learned from Pennsylvania
Extra resources for Accidental Logics: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain, and Canada: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain and Canada