By Gail Price-Wise
Although no longer consciously prejudiced, the surgeon used to be encouraged by way of an implicit organization among drug abuse and younger Cuban males. yet Willie was once a health-conscious athlete who by no means used alcohol or medicinal drugs. Willie was once mistakenly taken care of for a drug overdose whereas his mind persisted to hemorrhage.
The examining errors used to be perpetuated by means of a chain of mishaps. Willie used to be admitted to the extensive care unit via an top classification Spanish-speaking Bolivian health professional who did not make sure the clinical historical past simply because he used to be disdainful of the operating category Cuban relations. the complete scientific staff who attended to Willie approved the preliminary analysis of “drug overdose” and didn't query it till the sufferer approximately died. For 36 hours, every person ignored the indicators of the mind hemorrhage. whilst it used to be ultimately clinically determined, surgical procedure used to be played to prevent the bleeding however it was once too late.
Over 30 years as a quadriplegic, Willie turns into a rare individual with wealthy intercultural relationships. He is going directly to marry or even has a organic daughter. in line with interviews with Willie, his family members, medical professionals, legal professionals, and caregivers, “An Intoxicating mistakes: Mistranslation, scientific Malpractice, and Prejudice,” is the tale of the way language boundaries and prejudice impact his lifestyles and the lives of these round him.
Read or Download An Intoxicating Error: Mistranslation, Medical Malpractice, and Prejudice PDF
Best medical administration & policy books
Court cases of the NATO complicated research Institute, Castéra-Verduzan, France, August 1-16, 1981
2. , aktualisierte und erweiterte Auflage, 2016 Führungskräfte im Krankenhaus benötigen allgemeine Managementkenntnisse, medizinisches Grundwissen sowie die Fähigkeit, die theoretischen Grundlagen immer wieder auf aktuelle Fragestellungen und Konstellationen anzuwenden. Dieses Lehr- und Praxisbuch vermittelt die betriebswirtschaftlichen Kernthemen sowie das notwendige Managementwissen, um die steigende Komplexität der Führungs- und Gestaltungsaufgaben sowie die zunehmende Wettbewerbsintensität in der Gesundheitswirtschaft bewältigen zu können.
Behavioral nudges are far and wide: calorie counts on menus, automatic textual content reminders to inspire drugs adherence, a reminder bell whilst a driver’s seatbelt isn’t mounted. Designed to aid humans make larger wellbeing and fitness offerings, those reminders became so regular that they typically pass ignored.
Method redecorate for well-being Care utilizing Lean pondering is a reaction to an easy, yet demanding to reply to, query and is the results of the stories of a operating health professional who was once additionally the manager security and caliber officer of an Australian educating clinic. At this sanatorium, he saw that the Emergency division used to be employees by means of proficient, well-trained, and revered medical professionals and nurses.
- Singapore's Health Care System (World Scientific Series on Singapore's 50 Years of Nation-Building)
- A Business Perspective on Industry and Health Care (Springer Series on Industry and Health Care)
- Using Cost-Effectiveness Analysis to Improve Health Care: Opportunities and Barriers
- Das Gesundheitswesen im internationalen Vergleich: Gesundheitssystemvergleich und europäische Gesundheitspolitik (Health Care Management 2) (German Edition)
Additional resources for An Intoxicating Error: Mistranslation, Medical Malpractice, and Prejudice