By Keenan A. Pituch,James P. Stevens
Now in its 6th variation, the authoritative textbook Applied Multivariate statistics for the Social Sciences, keeps to supply complicated scholars with a realistic and conceptual realizing of statistical systems via examples and data-sets from genuine study reviews. With the further services of co-author Keenan Pituch (University of Texas-Austin), this 6th variation keeps many key good points of the former versions, together with its breadth and intensity of insurance, a evaluate bankruptcy on matrix algebra, utilized assurance of MANOVA, and emphasis on statistical energy. during this new version, the authors proceed to supply useful guidance for checking the knowledge, assessing assumptions, studying, and reporting the implications to assist scholars examine facts from their very own study with a bit of luck and professionally.
Features new to this version include:
- NEW bankruptcy on Logistic Regression (Ch. eleven) that is helping readers comprehend and use this very versatile and standard method
- NEW bankruptcy on Multivariate Multilevel Modeling (Ch. 14) that is helping readers comprehend the advantages of this "newer" method and the way it may be utilized in traditional and multilevel settings
- NEW instance effects part write-ups that illustrate how effects will be awarded in examine papers and magazine articles
- NEW assurance of lacking info (Ch. 1) to aid scholars comprehend and tackle difficulties linked to incomplete data
- Completely re-written chapters on Exploratory issue research (Ch. 9), Hierarchical Linear Modeling (Ch. 13), and Structural Equation Modeling (Ch. sixteen) with elevated specialize in figuring out versions and studying results
- NEW research summaries, inclusion of extra syntax factors, and?reduction within the variety of SPSS/SAS discussion bins to steer scholars via information research in a extra streamlined and direct method
- Updated syntax to mirror most recent types of IBM SPSS (21) /SAS (9.3)
- A loose on-line assets web site at www.routledge.com/9780415836661 with facts units and syntax from the textual content, extra info units, and instructor’s assets (including PowerPoint lecture slides for choose chapters, a conversion consultant for fifth version adopters, and solutions to exercises).
Ideal for complex graduate-level classes in schooling, psychology, and different social sciences within which multivariate records, complex information, or quantitative concepts classes are taught, this ebook additionally appeals to working towards researchers as a worthy reference. Pre-requisites comprise a path on factorial ANOVA and covariance; despite the fact that, a operating wisdom of matrix algebra isn't really assumed.
Read or Download Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences: Analyses with SAS and IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition PDF
Similar social sciences statistics books
ÍNDICEPRÓLOGO A MODO DE INTRODUCCIÓN CAPÍTULO PRIMERO. —Marco conceptual e histórico del suicidioDefiniciones y concepto de suicidio Suicidio/tentativa de suicidio CAPÍTULO II. —Teorías explicativas del suicidio Los constructos personales: Teoría de Kelly l. a. internalidad/externalidad: Teoría de Roer l. a. indefensión aprendida: Teoría de Seligman l. a. terapia Racional Emotiva de Beck Últimas tendencias en Psicología Teorías psicoanalíticas l. a. perspectiva sociológica Estudios en España Los estudios de Estruch y Cardús Los trabajos de Cátedra l. a. «ideación suicida» de Villardón Una alternativa explicativa: los angeles teoría de los angeles elusión social .
This publication outlines Bayesian statistical research in nice element, from the improvement of a version during the means of making statistical inference. the most important characteristic of this booklet is that it covers versions which are most typically utilized in social technological know-how examine - together with the linear regression version, generalized linear versions, hierarchical types, and multivariate regression versions - and it completely develops every one real-data instance in painstaking aspect.
Rechnen Sie mit dem Bortz! Auch in der 6. Auflage ist der BORTZ ein wertvolles und unerlässliches Lehrbuch für Studenten der Psychologie, der Sozialwissenschaften und für Anwender. Anschaulich- Beispiele: Vollziehen Sie Berechnungen durch Beispiele einfach nach. - Glossar: Schlagen Sie die wichtigsten Begriffsdefinition schnell nach.
Visible examine: A Concise advent to pondering Visually is the 1st textual content to offer a concise assessment of the numerous moral, theoretical, and useful issues for undertaking learn with photographs. The skill to take photographs and video on hand held units and the facility to shop, publish, and proportion such imagery on-line all provide large possibilities for social study.
- Econophysics: Background and Applications in Economics, Finance, and Sociophysics
- Nation Building: Why Some Countries Come Together While Others Fall Apart (Princeton Studies in Global and Comparative Sociology)
- Applied Statistics Using Stata: A Guide for the Social Sciences
- Bayesian Statistics for the Social Sciences (Methodology in the Social Sciences)
- Population-Based Survey Experiments
Additional info for Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences: Analyses with SAS and IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition